Friday, January 6, 2012

intro

     I'm starting this blog because I'm on facebook and share my pictures of my recipes. I have a few people who seem very intrested in my recipes and so I would like to be able to share my recipes with them thru this blog. I think it will be easier for me to write my recipes via this blog so that my facebook friends can all get the recipes with out me sending them to each person.

     I started to learn how to cook about 11 years ago. I met my husband 12years ago and when we were first together I didn't know how to do anything for myself or for him. Luckly his mother loves to cook and I have to say to this day is probably one of the best cooks I know. She has always out beat any restaurant, well at least that's how I feel. She seen that I was intrested especially when I was around her and she was cooking for us. I would sit and watch her and learn from her how to do certain things. Alot of my recipes have originated from her. Although she uses alot of butters and alot of fattning things so I tried to tone that down.

   I didn't grow up eating fresh foods at all. We had a big family and my mom did her best. She always made us breakfast, lunch and dinner but it was mostly processed foods, canned veggies, fruits, and frozen meals. The only fresh fruits we had were probably only banana's and apples. I didn't even learn how to cut up fresh fruits until I was in my mid 20's. I had no clue how to even cut a pinneapple. I had no idea about fresh broccolli, asparagus, how to steam veggies. Nothing I had no clue. I barely knew how to boil water.

     So when I met my husband and he came from a mother who knew how to cook and did it very well I had to learn how to out do her so that I could be his new mama! (haha). I really just wanted to be able to cook for the both of us. Food is a huge part of our lives. I sometimes even get upset because I get sick of thinking up what to make. It's like we all are hungry but what is left to make. Which is why it's nice to have a good full menu of  recipes that you know how to make and can make them each week and everyday of the week switch them out.

    It has taken me some years to figure alot of this cooking stuff out. I have read a few cook books and alot of them have ingredients that to this day I have no clue what they are. So I looked towards the easy recipes and the ones that I know what the ingredients are. I love Italian foods and I love foods that have some kind of dipping thing to them. My husband calls me a dipper! His mother says it started when I was young and had to cover the taste of foods up with ketchup. Whatever the case is I like to dip!

     I'm still learning about food and different foods that I can make. I think by me posting my pictures on facebook and by me writing this blog will help some of my facebook friends out by posting these simply recipes. I hope everyone can enjoy them and always remember it takes time to figure out how to cook. Just because you have a recipe in front of you doesn't mean you will know how to cook and follow those directions. We all make mistakes and it just takes practice.

     There is nothing sexier then a man or woman that can cook. You all know that saying "the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach". I think that is so true and not just for men but for women also. Food is such a great way to connect with someone. Who doesn't like to eat? We all love to eat and most of us would love to know how to cook so that we could have those special dinners at our homes. So we can entertain without calling out.

      I also have to point out that most of my recipes I eye ball, meaning I don't have exact measurements. But like I said before it takes time to learn how to do these and it takes you to taste the foods while making them to make sure you are where you want to be with the flavor. I just hope to get you started in the right direction. That's what my husbands mother did for me. She got me started and taught me the basis of cooking and I just picked it up. It almost becomes second nature for me, I just get it now.

     Well hopefully I at least inspire one or two of you reading this. So that I'm not just doing this to see my self writing this blog. I have limit time for this because I'm a stay at home mom and I have my house and my own cooking to do and not mentioning my 2 year old to look after. He's not the kind of kid I can just sit down and tell him to be quiet while mommy writes her blog. (haha)! I do enjoy inspiring others and I just love to help other people. So this is good for me also. I will feel like I'm doing more with my time then just being a "mom".

      Funny thing is, I won't be cooking this weekend. I'm off this weekend. Of course the week I start this I won't be cooking. However I plan on posting a few recipes that I already posted pictures on facebook. A few people were intrested in them and I really want to get them out.

     My mother in-law is coming to visit, so starting monday I will be posting some really great recipes. We will be cooking alot while she is here.

     I hope you enjoy!


                    Thanks,
          Your recipe friend Jamie

    

    

    

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this blog!!! My friend Jamie is an AWESOME cook...take the knowledge she puts on here and use it. You won't be sorry!!!

    -Kelly C.

    ReplyDelete